Come find us running our most recent experiment as part of the Lab Quests program at the Telus World of Science! This experiment is for ages 4 and up and you can compete on our leader board.
We are at the Telus World of Science from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm August 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18.
Thank you for your interest in our experiment!
Purpose: to investigate language comprehension in Canadian English speakers
Eligible participants are:
- Monolingual Canadian English speakers (knowledge of different languages is ok as long as English was the language spoken at home while growing up)
- 30 years old and above
- Basic hearing test
- Listening to words and nonwords, pressing a button to indicate “word” or “nonword”, typing words
- 1 hour participation; $10 Compensation
- Can participate for a maximum of 2 times on separate days
- If you are interested in participating but believe you have previously participated, please contact us and we will double check for you
Locations (click on links for directions)
4-02 Assiniboia Hall, North Campus, University of Alberta (a parking space can be made available)
Enterprise Square 3-501 (Jasper Ave and 102 St)
Sign Up Options:
- Call us at 780-248-1409
- Email us at email@example.com
Check out the amazing DataCamp website for learning R and Python.
Congratulations Dr. Sims on successfully defending your dissertation!
Congratulations Grace and Chris on completing your degrees in linguistics! Congratulations to Catherine on completing her honors degree!
Lab meetings this semester will be held every other week starting September 9th. Anyone with an interest in phonetics is welcome to attend.
Congratulations Rebekka Puderbaugh on being awarded the International Phonetic Association’s Gösta Bruce Scholarship.
Congratulations to Atticus and Dylan on completing your Honors degrees!
Congratulations Dr. Vincent Porretta on completing your PhD!
Congratulations Dr. Hien Pham on completing your PhD! Good luck at Vietnam National University.